• Backlash 2018 PPV Results
Backlash 2018 PPV turned out to be one of the most boring WWE PPVs in recent memory, according to most of the fans.
Below are the results from the show:
– Ruby Riott def. Bayley (Kickoff Show)
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Seth Rollins (c) def. The Miz to retain the Title.
– RAW Women’s Championship Match: Nia Jax (c) def. Alexa Bliss to retain the Title.
– United States Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) def. Randy Orton to retain the Title.
– Daniel Bryan def. Big Cass
– SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Carmella (c) def. Charlotte Flair to retain the Title.
– No DQ Match For The WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a No Contest.
– Bobby Lashley & Braun Strowman def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
– Roman Reigns def. Samoa Joe
It should be noted that the PPV also featured a musical segment with Elias that featured multiple superstars interrupt him. The segment ended with Bobby Roode laying out Elias with a Glorious DDT.
You can watch it below:
You can watch the finish of the Backlash main event below:
Finish of Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe from Backlash. pic.twitter.com/GQHk90KvYa
— World Wrestling News (@WWENewsMafia) May 7, 2018
• RAW Star Injured At Backlash 2018, Daniel Bryan Suffers Storyline Injury
WWE has announced that former RAW Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss suffered a shoulder injury during her match with Nia Jax at Backlash 2018.
Below is what WWE posted:
Alexa Bliss suffers shoulder injury at WWE Backlash
“NEWARK, N.J. — Alexa Bliss suffered an injury to her left shoulder during her Raw Championship Match against Nia Jax at WWE Backlash. Bliss is currently awaiting further medical evaluation.”
Speaking of injuries, Daniel Bryan was originally scheduled for the Backlash Post Show, but got pulled from it after Michael Cole noted that Bryan was injured by Big Cass’ post match attack.
This is of course a storyline injury (kayfabe).