• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 15, 1988) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1988’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Rick Rude vs. David Isley
2. Blue Blazer vs. Joe Cruz
3. Big Bossman vs. Jim Evans
4. Hart Foundation vs. Rick Gantner & Tom Stone
5. Red Rooster vs. Lanny Poffo
6. Ron Bass vs. Mike Richards
7. Hercules vs. Barry Horowitz
• Real Reason Behind Bobby Lashley’s Heel Turn On RAW
Bobby Lashley turned heel on last week’s episode of RAW after he attacked Kevin Owens and ‘injured’ him in storyline.
According to the Dirty Sheets, Bobby Lashley wanted to be a heel from the get-go (when he returned to WWE). However, WWE officials convinced him to be a babyface as Lashley would’ve had a better chance of facing Brock Lesnar that way (and facing Lesnar is one of Lashley’s main goals).
Lashley and the WWE Creative Team had a meeting recently where they discussed that a heel turn was needed.
Vince McMahon was previously against a Lashley heel turn, but he agreed on this because Lashley could then be used as a credible heel opponent for Roman Reigns for a future Universal Title feud and that’s the main reason behind Lashley turning heel.