• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (January 26, 1998) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl VIII’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Ultimo Dragon vs. El Dandy
– Bill Goldberg vs. Brad Armstrong
– Konnan vs. Jerry Flynn
– Buff Bagwell vs. Rick Steiner
– Jim Neidhart vs. Wayne Bloom
– Psicosis vs. Chavo Guerrero jr.
– Louie Spicolli vs. Juventud Guerrera
– Raven vs. Mortis
– DDP vs. Wrath
– Booker T. vs. Perry Saturn
– Davey Boy Smith vs. Steve McMichael
– Ray Traylor vs. Kevin Nash
– Lex Luger vs. Scott Hall
• Reason Behind Vince McMahon Not Allowing Women To Blade Back In The Day
Blading was allowed in WWF/E back in the day (before WWE went PG in 2008). However, Vince McMahon still didn’t allow the women to blade during their matches.
During a recent interview with Ring The Belle, former WWE Women’s Champion Victoria had the following to say regarding why Vince McMahon didn’t want women to blade:
“One day I came to TV, and they were like you have a cage match, And I went ‘Are you kidding me?’ We gig our forehead to bleed sometime, and I wanted to gig. I would never do it now, but at the time I thought we were so hardcore and we can do whatever the guys do.
I went to Vince to ask him and he goes, ‘Thank you Victoria for wanting to do it, but no one wants to see a Diva bleed.’ I did ask Lita to throw me as hard as you can against the cage so I can get color naturally. I didn’t know how to do it, and I got a big knot.”
WATCH: WWE Ring Announcer JoJo Shows Off Her Huge ASSets: