• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 31, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was pre-taped at the Sports Arena in San Diego, California and included matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. Koko B. Ware vs. Dusty Wolfe
2. One Man Gang vs. Mario Mancini
3. Ken Patera vs. Tim Patterson
4. Demolition vs. Jerry Monti & Billy Anderson
5. Killer Bees vs. Jimmy Jack Funk & The Raider
6. Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff & Butch Reed vs. S.D. Jones, Joe Mirto & Brad Rheingans
• Reason Behind WWE Banning The Turnbuckle Powerbomb
As we noted earlier, WWE banned the Turnbuckle Powerbomb from being used in matches.
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the move got banned because of Nia Jax botching it against Kairi Sane on an episode of RAW last month:
“That was the one that caused it.
There were people who were wanting it banned before that. It was one of those things where there were people against it.
When that thing happened it was kind of like that was the straw that broke the camel’s back and Vince banned it.”
It was also noted that it’s unknown if Powerbombs on the ring apron and barricades have been banned yet.