• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 24, 1991) – WWF WrestleMania VII
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 24, 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WrestleMania VII’ LIVE on PPV from the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California.
This was the 7th annual WrestleMania event with the inaugural WrestleMania happening in 1985. Even nowadays WrestleMania is still by far the biggest professional wrestling event on the planet each year.
This WrestleMania featured the beginning of The Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak.
Here are the PPV results:
– The Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) defeated The Barbarian and Haku
– The Texas Tornado defeated Dino Bravo
– The British Bulldog defeated The Warlord
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The Nasty Boys defeated The Hart Foundation
– Blindfold match: Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel
– The Undertaker defeated Jimmy Snuka
– Retirement match: The Ultimate Warrior defeated Randy Savage
– Genichiro Tenryu & Koji Kitao defeated Demolition
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Big Boss Man defeated Mr. Perfect (c) via DQ
– Earthquake defeated Greg Valentine
– The Legion of Doom defeated Power & Glory
– Virgil defeated Ted DiBiase via countout
– The Mountie defeated Tito Santana
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter (c)
• Reason Behind WWE Not Wanting To Do A Ladder Match At WrestleMania 35
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful was recently asked about the possibility of a ladder match taking place at WrestleMania 35 and he revealed that WWE doesn’t want to do it because it’s “too messy”.
Below is what Sean said:
“I know a ladder match was pitched for the women’s match and it was quickly shot down. I don’t know, that could end up changing.
I was told this week that they consider a ladder match too much of a mess and I’m thinking, ‘What, why?’ They need one.”