• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 20, 1998) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Broome County Arena in Binghamton, New York and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Fully Loaded 1998: In Your House’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWF European Title: D-Lo Brown vs. Triple H
2. Brawl 4 All: Steve Williams vs. Pierre
3. Steve Blackman vs. Jeff Jarrett
4. Owen Hart vs. Faarooq
5. WWF Intercontinental Title: The Rock vs. Owen Hart
6. Texas Tornado Handicap Match: Kane & Mankind vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
• Old School WWF Jobber Of The Day: Pete Dougherty
• Ric Flair’s Wife Tested Positive For COVID-19, Mick Foley Sends A Message To Donald Trump
The New York Post asked Ric Flair (who is set to be written off WWE TV soon) about the rumor that he tested positive for COVID-19.
Flair shot the rumor down, but did note that his wife, Wendy Barlow, tested positive for COVID-19.
Below is what he said:
“That is absolutely incorrect.
My wife does [have the virus]…we live in a 5,000 square foot home. I live in the basement. She lives upstairs on the third floor and she got sick.”
The New York Post called out Flair for not wearing a mask at a Starbucks, but Flair didn’t comment on that and hung up on them.
Speaking of COVID-19, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley posted a video on Twitter and said the following to US President and fellow WWE Hall of Famer (Celebrity Wing) Donald Trump:
“Hello, Mr. President. This is Mick Foley, a fellow member of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2013. I just got back my coronavirus test results and it was negative but here’s the thing, Mr. President, it took 11 days for me to get that result, which means that result right now is fairly useless.
So, I would like to ask you, from one Hall of Fame member class of 2013 to another. Mr. President, can you ask your people to speed up the testing please?”
Mr President, we have a testing problem. Can you please take 33 seconds out of your busy day to watch my video?
Mick Foley pic.twitter.com/Dp6l4bsENd
— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) July 20, 2020