• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 29, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Fully Loaded 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Rikishi & Eddie Guerrero vs. Val Venis & Chris Benoit
2. Kurt Angle vs. Hardcore Holly
3. Bull Buchanan vs. The Godfather
4. Edge & Christian vs. Kane & The Undertaker
5. WWF Hardcore Title: Steve Blackman vs. Crash Holly
6. Road Dogg & X-Pac & Triple H vs. The Dudley Boyz & Chris Jericho
• Roman Reigns Doesn’t Trust Other WWE Wrestlers About Taking COVID-19 Seriously
While speaking to The Hindu, former WWE Champion Roman Reigns noted that he had to stay at home and not work WWE events, because he can’t trust other wrestlers’ handling of the COVID-19 situation.
Below is what The Big Dog said:
“For me, I just had to make a choice for my family. The company (WWE) has done everything that they can to make it the safest work environment possible. It is not the workplace that I was necessarily concerned about.
The decision was taken mainly because each performer travels so much, and we are all such a diverse group and from all over the place. I’m not convinced, and I can’t trust the fact that everybody is taking it as seriously and locking themselves down at home like I am.
I trust my life with my co-workers every time I step foot in the ring, but I just can’t put the same trust when it has my children, my wife and my family involved.
But I don’t want it to come off as I am taking a stand against the company at all, because I love the WWE. I’ve been a part of this company just since I was a little boy. That’s why I always take it so personally when I represent them.”
Reigns isn’t wrong about this, because many wrestlers have been posting on their social media accounts about their visits to pubs and beaches, which is quite risky.
WATCH: Maryse’s Big Juggs In Green Dress – Part 1: