• “SmackDown Slams Competition” – FOX Sports
FOX Sports issued the following press release for last week’s Super SmackDown from Madison Square Garden:
SMACKDOWN SLAMS COMPETITION, SCORES BEST SHOW SINCE JANUARY 2021
“2,383,000 viewers tuned in for last week’s FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN ON FOX (Sept. 10, 2021)
– Friday’s broadcast was the most-watched edition of SMACKDOWN since Jan. 22, 2021, and was up +11% over September 2020’s average viewership (2,155,000)
– SMACKDOWN was the most-watched telecast of the day in the coveted A18-49 demographic
– Birmingham (4.4/7)
– Richmond (4.2/8)
– Memphis (3.7/7)
– Tulsa (3.7/7)
– Louisville (3.5/7)”
🚨 SMACKDOWN ALERT 🚨
Last week's FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN on FOX – featuring an appearance from @BrockLesnar – scored its best show since January 2021. pic.twitter.com/bZFuDsbP44
— FOX Sports PR (@FOXSportsPR) September 14, 2021
SmackDown ranked #1 in all 3 main demographics for the 5th week in a row.
WWE also made the most money from ticket sales in the history of SmackDown with last week’s episode.
FOX most likely issued this press release because TNT does this all the time for AEW Dynamite, with their latest press release being last week, where Dynamite defeated WWE RAW in the 18-49 demo ratings by a very small margin.
Also Read: “Anything created by WWE is rapidly self-destructing” – Legend Thinks AEW Will Continue To Beat WWE In Ratings
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (September 13, 2003) – WWE Velocity
On this day in 2003, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Velocity’.
It included matches featuring the SmackDown! Superstars on the road to the ‘WWE No Mercy 2003’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
– Jamie Noble vs. Chris Kanyon
– The Basham Brothers vs. Poker Face & Scott Vantastic
– Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. Funaki & Ultimo Dragon