• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (January 23, 1993) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
It was taped at the Center Stage Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl III’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Scotty Flamingo/Bob Cook vs. Johnny B. Badd/Marcus Bagwell
– INTERVIEW: Barry Windham
– INTERVIEW: Bill Watts
– Vinnie Vegas vs. Chad Byrd
– Chris Benoit vs. Johnny Rich
– INTERVIEW: Rock ‘N Roll Express
– Wrecking Crew vs. Itallian Stallion/Larry Santo
– INTERVIEW: Wrecking Crew
– Robbie V vs. Pat Rose
– INTERVIEW: Shane Douglas/Ricky Steamboat
– Vader/Paul Orndorff vs. Tom Zenk/Johnny Gunn
– Too Cold Scorpio vs. Barry Windham
– INTERVIEW: Cactus Jack/Barbarian
– Tex Slazinger/Shanghai Pierce vs. Cactus Jack/Barbarian
– Ricky Steamboat vs. Dustin Rhodes
• SmackDown Wrestler Reveals The Advice That Vince McMahon Gave Him
During a recent appearance on Talk Is Jericho podcast, SmackDown Live wrestler Mustafa Ali discussed his relationship with Vince McMahon and revealed what advice Vince gave him.
Below is what Ali said:
“Vince has always been very positive feedback. I actually met with him a few times to introduce myself and what I represent like, ‘Hey I just want to let you know that this is my background. This is what I think is cool. This is how I think the company can leverage me,’ so I’ve talked to him before, but this was the first time he gave me very specific direction on how he thought I could make money in WWE.
I came back and he gave me feedback about the promo and this and that and he goes, ‘The one thing I wish you would have changed – you’ve got to remember, a guy like you, you’re always fighting from under. You have this rare quality to get actual empathy from the crowd. That’s so hard nowadays. Nowadays people are whatever. I feel like you have the ability to make them go, ‘Man, he’s really taking a beating.’’
He goes, ‘That’s where you’re gonna make your money,’ and he’s kind of like pointing at my chest when he’s saying that. He goes, ‘That’s how you’re gonna make your money.’ I was like, ‘Holy crap,’ and it’s crystal clear direction now. This is what he sees me as, ‘OK, I can do that boss.’
He’s like, ‘Alright, good job.’ That was the most clear, ‘This is what I want from you’ that I’ve gotten. ‘OK, that’s what you’re gonna get.’ I never got that before. We’d go back, ‘Hey guys, thanks for working hard,’ and he’s right back to the monitor [laughter]. This was stand up, look me in the eye, ‘This is what I want. This is what I see you as.’ I’ve got a direct order. That’s what I’ll do.”
WATCH: WWE Interviewer Charly Caruso Shows Off Her Buns In A Bikini: