On April 6, 2014, WWE WrestleMania XXX took place. The attendance for this event was 75,167.
In the main event, Daniel Bryan won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship when he defeated Randy Orton & Batista (and Triple H earlier in the night).
During this event, the most shocking moment in WWE history took place as The Undertaker’s undefeated WrestleMania streak came to an end when Brock Lesnar defeated him.
Undertaker was taken to a hospital after the match as he suffered a concussion during the first 30 seconds of the match (and still wrestled for another 25 minutes).
You can watch The Streak coming to an end below:
On The Last Ride docuseries from 2020, Undertaker said the following about Vince McMahon making this decision:
“Internally, and the way this business works, I knew that someday [The Streak] probably would (end). In our industry, you just don’t walk away like Floyd Mayweather or Rocky Marciano and retire undefeated.
Although most of my peers and people that I work with thought it was a horrible decision. I just asked ‘Vince, are you sure? Is this what you want?’ He was like, ‘If it’s not Brock, who can beat you?’ from the way the streak was built and by that time.
So it was like, alright, it’s your call. Everybody thinks that I have all this juice that I can say yes or say no.
I mean I could have said no. What good was that going to do? What do I do? Not go out or throw a tissy? I’m not going over…that’s not me. I’m business, and business comes first before anything personal.”
In 2016, Jim Ross noted that Lesnar wasn’t comfortable in being ‘the one’ to end The Streak:
“Look, if The Undertaker had not wanted to lose or not agreed to lose to Brock, they would have worked out something else because the story I heard about WrestleMania 30 is that it was harder to convince Lesnar to accept the victory and beat Undertaker at WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans in Superdome than it was for McMahon to talk to The Undertaker about ‘it’s time’ because that decision wasn’t made until late on the day of the show.
And I don’t think that Brock was totally comfortable in breaking the streak because of his great respect for The Undertaker.”
Below are the results from the PPV:
– The Usos (c) def. The Real Americans, Los Matadores & RybAxel to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship [Kickoff Show]
– Hulk Hogan, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin & The Rock had an in-ring segment to kick off the main show. Austin thanked Hogan for what he did for the wrestling business.
– Daniel Bryan def. Triple H
– The Shield def. Kane & New Age Outlaws
– Cesaro won the inaugural Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal by eliminating Big Show in the end
– John Cena def. Bray Wyatt
– Brock Lesnar def. The Undertaker to break the 21-0 Streak
– AJ Lee (c) def. Aksana, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Cameron, Emma, Eva Marie, Layla, Naomi, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes, Summer Rae, and Tamina Snuka in a Vickie Guerrero Invitational Match to retain the WWE Divas Championship
– Daniel Bryan def. Batista & Randy Orton (c) in a Triple Threat Match to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
WATCH: Topless Photo Of Paige Sunbathing: