• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (September 9, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland, California and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Brutus Beefcake vs. Chuck Campbell
2. The Widow Maker (Barry Windham) vs. Louie Spicolli
3. Demolition vs. Boris Zhukov & Jake Milliman
4. The Big Boss Man vs. Bob Allen
5. Ted DiBiase vs. Jim Evans
6. Hercules vs. Darryl Nickels
7. The Powers Of Pain vs. Dale Wolfe & Tom Stone
• Old School WCW Jobber Of The Day: Paul Lee
• The Rock Hated His Rivalry With Current AEW Wrestler
While speaking on his Something To Wrestle podcast, Bruce Prichard discussed The Rock’s rivalry with WWE Hall Of Famer and current AEW wrestler, Billy Gunn, back in the Attitude Era days.
Below is what he said:
“Rock hated it. There’s no other way to explain it. The Rock hated it. He saw it as not as a demotion, but ‘OK, I’m the guy that’s gotta get this guy over?’ And not like I’m over, put me on top. And instead, I’m put in the role of trying to get this guy over. And I don’t know that Rock really had the confidence in Billy.
This was at the time we were looking to get a singles run out of Billy and see what the hell he had. He was away from the tag team with Road Dogg and was on his own – let’s see what he can do.
This just didn’t work. I don’t know if it was being a tag team guy that there’s a different cardio level for tag team guys – and I say that about one of the most natural athletes ever in the business in Billy Gunn. But I don’t know that his pacing and time was right for singles run. That sounds weird, but it just wasn’t.”
WATCH: Non-PG Shot Of Lacey Evans’ Butt:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.