• The Undertaker Reveals How Hard His Dad Worked To Provide For The Family
Old School WWF Legend The Undertaker performed for The World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment for 30 years, from his surprise debut at the Survivor Series 1990 PPV until his official retirement at Survivor Series 2020.
During his entire career, The Undertaker proved he has an absolutely flawless work ethic, which he gets praised for until this very day.
On the season 2 episode of ‘A&E Biography: WWE Legends’, The Deadman credited his late father for that work ethic of his.
Here’s what the 2022 WWE Hall of Famer had to say:
“My dad, a hard worker, I think he instilled that work ethic in me.
During the day, he would do plumbing jobs, roofing jobs, whatever to put, you know, food on the table for us. Then he would work all night in the press room of the Houston Post newspaper.
From an early age, it was always about respect and hard work and your name and your word. Those things were instilled in me at a really early age.”
Below is a photo of The Undertaker with his father (as shown on The Last Ride docuseries in 2020):
WATCH: Undertaker Almost Gets His Face Burned:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 12, 1999) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Fully Loaded 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Edge vs. Gangrel
2. The Godfather & Val Venis vs. Hardy Boyz
3. The Road Dogg, The Rock & X-Pac vs. Chyna, Billy Gunn & Triple H
4. Evening Gown Match: Al Snow vs. Droz
5. Gauntlet Match: Test vs. Joey Abs vs. Pete Gas vs. Rodney
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Big Show vs. Kane & The Undertaker