• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (November 28, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1988’ event.
Here is the card:
1. Greg Valentine vs. Brutus Beefcake
2. Koko B. Ware & Paul Roma & Jim Powers vs. Terry Gibbs & Barry Horowitz & Dusty Wolfe
3. Harley Race vs. Scott Casey
4. Jake Roberts vs. Rick Renslow
5. Don Muraco vs. Brian Costello
6. The Hart Foundation vs. Lanny Poffo & Jerry Allen
• The Undertaker Reveals The Mistakes He Made In His Debut Match Against Bruiser Brody
During the premiere episode of Broken Skull Sessions on the WWE Network, The Undertaker talked about making his Pro-Wrestling in-ring debut against Bruiser Brody.
Taker noted that he made some rookie mistakes in the match and below is what he said:
“My first match is against Bruiser Brody. My skill level, I mean I’m greener than sh*t, but I get in the ring and that ‘stupid gene’ flips in the back of your head and I’m looking at him going, ‘I’m bigger than he is.’
So ding, ding, ding and we tie up and as soon as we tie up I’m pushing and he’s like ‘Okay, lighten up, kid’ so I’m gonna give him the push-off and when I do I kinda push off and I flick him in the chin a little bit.
We tie up again, boom. I grab an arm, so I’m standing there with a standing arm bar, I just grabbed it, right? I don’t know how I got so stupid… really. So he’s about to shoot me off, and I yell: ‘clothesline’ — Now I’m calling the match!
No I got no brains, off he comes, right, and man I’m wound up and that furry boot comes up and wham my eyes roll back to the back of my head and I’m like, ‘Oh, wow, okay.’”
You can watch Taker’s debut match against Brody from 1987 below:
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Summer Rae’s Super Hot Bum During Workout: