• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 20, 1996) – WWF Monday Night RAW
On this day in 1996, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from Sioux City, Iowa and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 8: Beware of Dog’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Steve Austin vs. Marc Mero
2. Savio Vega vs. The 1-2-3 Kid
3. Davey Boy Smith vs. Jake Roberts
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (May 20, 1990) – NWA Main Event
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. Dutch Mantell & Green Shadow
– The Midnight Express vs. Southern Boys (JIP)
– The Danger Zone w/Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan
– Doom vs. Norman & Mike Rotunda
• The Undertaker Says His Long Entrances Make Up For Sh*tty Matches
The Undertaker’s entrance is a big part of his character. He has one of the longest entrances in the pro wrestling world.
While speaking to Pardon My Take, The American Badass revealed why he takes such a long time to enter the ring:
“A lot of times that would just depend on my opponent, okay? Like, if I was working with somebody that was pretty limited or I thought I was gonna have just a real sh*tty match with, I was like, ‘Man, Imma get my money’s worth out of this entrance’.
There were times I would take a little bit of extra time, ’cause I knew the match is gonna be horrible, so I figured I might as well give it to them on the entrance, ’cause they are gonna be disappointed when the bell rings.”
Also Read: The Undertaker’s Mother Scolded WWF Veteran