• Tony Khan & His Team Sent A Warning To WWE Co-CEOs Stephanie McMahon & Nick Khan Today
AEW President Tony Khan and other members of the All Elite Wrestling Management had a meeting with talent before tonight’s episode of Dynamite.
PWInsider has provided the following highlights from this meeting:
– Tony explained the new systems that have been implemented in the company, like the expansion of talent relations and development, to make things better for the talent.
– Khan was “very animated and impassioned” when he pointed out that AEW is in an industry that has been long dominated by WWE, and that he has put everything in it to make things better for the talent.
– Before this meeting, AEW’s Chief Legal Officer Megha Parekh sent an email to WWE’s co-CEOs Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan, where the WWE Officials were warned not to “tamper” with AEW wrestlers.
Speaking of the contract tampering allegations, Chris Jericho hinted on Twitter that he’s the one that WWE approached.
A fan tweeted:
“Need a Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Chris Jericho faction. Make it happen Y2J!!!”
“Hmmm…well Some higher ups want that to happen sooner than later! #tampering”
Hmmm…well Some higher ups want that to happen sooner than later! #tampering https://t.co/PD8kMGgyJq
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) August 24, 2022
By using the hashtag “tampering” in his tweet, Jericho is referring to last week’s report from Fightful Select, which stated that WWE Officials recently reached out to a top AEW star, about possibly returning to WWE.
While the report didn’t mention who the wrestler was, this wrestler is said to be happy with his current role in All Elite Wrestling, and decided to inform AEW Management about WWE contacting him.
Because of the above tweet, it looks like WWE reached out to Jericho for a return when his AEW contract expires.
Jericho’s current AEW contract is set to expire in January 2024. By that time, he’ll be 53 years old.
Also Read: CM Punk Addresses Rumors Of Him Being Unhappy In AEW
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon Kisses Vince McMahon:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (August 24, 2002) – WWE Velocity
On this day in 2003, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Velocity’.
It featured matches on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
Mark Henry vs. Mike Awesome
Tajiri vs. Funaki
Chuck Palumbo vs. Hardcore Holly
Randy Orton vs. Billy Gunn