5. WWF SummerSlam 1992
The 1992 edition of the annual SummerSlam PPV happens to be the only Big 4 (or Big 5 if we count King of the Ring in) PPV that ever happened outside of the North-American continent.
The event took place at Wembley Stadium infront of 80 thousand fans that night … well it was night, or at least late evening in the United Kingdom in Europe, where it happened. But that was the problem, as the time difference caused a lower buyrate in the United States, than a great event like this would’ve drawn if it happened in the U.S.!
That didn’t change the fact that this was one of the best SummerSlams of all time. Period.
And no, we’re not talking about the filler matches like Nailz vs. Virgil, which were still entertaining nonetheless, but the PPV had quite a few classics like L.O.D. vs. Money Inc, HBK vs. The Model, Undertaker vs. Kamala, Warrior vs. Savage & the Main Event for the Intercontinental Title between Champion Bret Hart & the challenger “British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith.
01. The Bushwhackers & Jim Duggan defeated The Nasty Boys & The Mountie
02. Papa Shango defeated El Matador
03. The Legion Of Doom defeated Money Inc.
04. Nailz defeated Virgil
05. Shawn Michaels vs Rick Martel ended in a double-countout
06. WWF Tag Titles: The Natural Disasters (c) defeated The Beverly Brothers
07. Crush defeated Repo Man
08. WWF World Title: Ultimate Warrior defeated Randy Savage (c) via countout
09. Tatanka defeated The Berzerker
10. The Undertaker defeated Kamala
11. WWF Intercontinental Title: British Bulldog defeated Bret Hart (c)