• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 25, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Metro Centre in Rockford, Illinois and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Bushwhackers vs. Dusty Wolfe & Jim Merkel
– Rick Martel vs. Red Tyler
– Haku vs. Todd Becker
– Brutus The Barber Beefcake vs. Tom Burton
– The Rougeau Brothers vs. Tim Horner & Chris Zarna
– Koko B. Ware vs. Jim Megan
• “Tribute To The Undertaker” Taking Place Tomorrow Night On SmackDown
WWE announced the following for this week’s SmackDown:
A special “Tribute To The Undertaker” this week on SmackDown
“With the WWE Universe still buzzing over the final chapter of WWE Network’s groundbreaking documentary Undertaker: The Last Ride, SmackDown will feature a special “Tribute To The Undertaker” this Friday night.
As part of the special recognition, the astonishing Boneyard Match between The Deadman and AJ Styles will air on television for the first time. As Superstars, legends, celebrities and fans have expressed their support for the sports-entertainment icon, the blue brand now gets to share the same message: Thank you, Taker.
Join SmackDown in honoring The Undertaker and much more in another action-packed Friday night on FOX at 8/7 C.”
— WWE (@WWE) June 26, 2020