• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 25, 1998) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the UTC Arena in Chattanooga, Tennessee and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 22: Over the Edge’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Darren Drozdov & LOD 2000 vs. Disciples Of Apocalypse
2. Dan Severn vs. Owen Hart
3. Golga vs. Thrasher
4. Vader vs. Jeff Jarrett
5. WWF Light Heavyweight Title: TAKA Michinoku vs. Dick Togo
6. Faarooq vs. Marc Mero
7. The Rock vs. Triple H
8. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker
• Triple H Shares A Funny Story About How The Rock’s People’s Elbow Originated
While speaking to TMZ, WWE Hall Of Famer Triple H revealed how The Rock’s signature move ‘People’s Elbow’ actually turned into a finisher from a joke.
The Undertaker rarely broke character back in the day, and all the top guys like Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Triple H and The Rock tried to do silly things in the ring to make The Deadman laugh, and that’s how the move was born:
“I believe the first time Rock did The People’s Elbow was in a match where we were tryna make ‘Taker crack. It absolutely started [as a joke] and then it was getting huge reaction and everybody went with it.”