• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 23, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the War Memorial in Syracuse, New York and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Ultimate Warrior vs. George South
– The Brooklyn Brawler vs. Tony Durante
– The Rockers vs. Chris Duffy & Garry Royal
– Ted DiBiase vs. Cougar Jay
– Jim Neidhart vs. Paul Fine
– The Bushwhackers vs. Max McGiver & John Wise
– The Honky Tonk Man vs. Gene Ligon
• Triple H Shoots Down Theory About The Undertaker Continuing His Career Under A New Format
During a recent appearance on WWE’s After The Bell podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Triple H addressed the theory that many fans had after WrestleMania 36 – that The Undertaker could continue his career for many years to come by continuing to do cinematic matches like the Boneyard match.
Below is what Triple H said:
“It’s a funny thing that I saw a lot of people afterwards saying like, ‘Taker could go forever in these kinds of format because of the physicality, there’s no physicality.’
I’m like, dude, AJ was flying around on the dirt on the hard ground with rocks and they were beating the tar out of each other, and it was a long shoot.”
For those who don’t know, Undertaker suffered a minor injury during this match (tap here to read more).
WATCH: Sara (Undertaker’s Ex-Wife) In Bikini – Video #2: