• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 5, 2001) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Backlash 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Kane & The Undertaker vs. Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather & Steven Richards
2. Rhyno vs. K-Kwik
3. Kurt Angle & William Regal vs. Chris Benoit
4. Jeff Hardy vs. The Big Show
5. X-Pac, Justin Credible & Albert vs. Billy Gunn, Steve Blackman & Grandmaster Sexay
6. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
• The Undertaker Suffered A Legitimate Injury During Boneyard Match At WrestleMania 36, Match Took 8 Hours To Film
The Undertaker suffered a cut during the match on the hearse window and was bleeding. This was a legitimate injury, not fake, according to Whatculture.
Also, the back & forth trash talk between Taker and Styles was “100% improvised.”
AJ Styles’ glove coming out of the grave spot was pitched by The Deadman himself.
The Boneyard match was filmed in Florida and took 5 days to set up production. The entire match took 8 hours to film.
The hard work put into this by everyone in WWE paid off, as the fans (and even the WWE wrestlers) loved every minute of it!
WATCH: Brooke Hogan’s (Hulk Hogan’s Daughter) Private Photos Leaked: