• Universal Championship Match Set For Extreme Rules 2021
WWE just announced that Roman Reigns will defend the Universal Championship against Finn Balor at this month’s Extreme Rules 2021 pay-per-view.
As we have reported before, Balor is expected to use his “Demon King” persona for this match, as teased at the end of last week’s SmackDown after Reigns defeated him to retain the Title.
However, WWE hasn’t announced that yet. As of now, it’s a simple rematch.
The reason Balor is getting a rematch is most likely the fact that he was attacked by The Usos prior to his Title match against Roman on SmackDown.
— WWE (@WWE) September 9, 2021
If WWE wants to extend this feud, then they can always save the Demon King move for a later PPV, and book this rematch with an extreme stipulation, since the PPV is Extreme Rules.
Below is the updated match-card for this PPV:
– Universal Championship Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor
– WWE Championship Match: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. RAW Tag Team Champion Randy Orton
– SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
– RAW Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
– United States Championship Match: Damian Priest (c) vs. Sheamus
WATCH: Eva Marie’s Big, Bouncy Knockers:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (September 9, 2005) – WWE Friday Night SmackDown!
On this day in 2005, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Friday Night SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Gwinnett Center in Atlanta, Georgia and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE No Mercy 2005’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
– Mr. Kennedy vs. Paul London
– Paul Burchill vs. Scotty Too Hotty
– Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan
– Bullrope Match: Batista vs.JBL
– Heidenreich & Road Warrior Animal vs. MNM
– Steel Cage Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio