• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 15, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the AllState Arena in Rosemont, Illinois and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to ‘WWF King of the Ring 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. King Of The Ring – Qualifying Match: Edge vs. Brian Christopher
2. T & A vs. Dudley Boyz
3. King Of The Ring – Qualifying Match: Scott Taylor vs. D’Lo Brown
4. Kane vs. Chris Benoit
5. Edge & Christian vs. Dudley Boyz
6. Bull Buchanan vs. Chris Jericho
7. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle
• Update On Edge’s Injury (Photo), How Long He’s Expected To Be Out Of Action
Edge will take at least 4 months to recover from it, and if he requires surgery, then he could be out of action for 6-8 months.
His injury will also cause WWE to change plans for SummerSlam, as he was most probably going to be a part of the event. Speaking of SummerSlam, WWE actually wanted to do ‘The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever’ between Edge and Orton at SummerSlam, but they moved it to Backlash due to lack of star power.
You can check out the photo of some bruising on Edge’s injured triceps below:
WATCH: Former TNA/WWE Diva Brooke Adams Exposes Her Buns: