• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 26, 1989) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mr. Perfect vs. Scott Colton
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Tom Stock
– Jacques & Raymond Rougeau vs. Tim Horner & Chris Zarna
– Hillbilly Jim vs. Butler Stevens
– Barry Windham vs. Frankie DeFalco
– King Jim Duggan vs. Jim Megan
– Demolition vs. The Powers of Pain
– Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty vs. Barry Horowitz & Tom Stone
– Rick Rude vs. Sonny Rogers
– Tito Santana vs. Dusty Wolfe
– The Barbarian vs. Tom Stark
– Greg Valentine vs. Jim Neidhart
• Velveteen Dream Involved In A Car Accident
Former NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream was involved in a car accident earlier today, and has now been released from the hospital. Fortunately, no severe injuries were reported.
WWE confirmed the news to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.
Below is what he posted on Twitter:
“WWE has confirmed to me that Velveteen Dream was in a car accident today, and has been released from the hospital.”
WWE has confirmed to me that Velveteen Dream was in a car accident today, and has been released from the hospital.
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) June 27, 2020
Many major sources were reporting that Dream was going to be released by WWE today because of the accusations of him being a pedophile, but it looks like the company has delayed the announcement in view of the accident Dream was a part of.