• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (December 17, 2000) – WCW Starrcade 2000
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 17, 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired their annual ‘Starrcade’ event LIVE on PPV from the MCI Center in Washington, DC.
This was the last Starrcade before Vince McMahon bought the company 3 months later, so there were only 3 more WCW PPVs after this one, before the company was sold.
Here are the results:
– Ladder match: 3 Count defeated The Jung Dragons and Evan Karagias & Jamie Knoble
– Lance Storm defeated Ernest Miller
– Hardcore Championship: Terry Funk defeated Crowbar (c)
– Big Vito and Reno vs. KroniK ended in a no contest
– Ambulance match: Mike Awesome defeated Bam Bam Bigelow
– United States Heavyweight Championship: Gen. Rection (c) defeated Shane Douglas via DQ
– Bunkhouse Brawl: The Harris Brothers & Jeff Jarrett defeated The Filthy Animals
– World Tag Team Championship: The Insiders defeated The Perfect Event (c)
– No Holds Barred: Goldberg defeated Lex Luger
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner (c) defeated Sid Vicious
• Vince McMahon’s Plan For Tonight’s RAW Revealed (Spoiler)
As we all know by now, Vince McMahon will return on tonight’s post-TLC 2018 edition of RAW to “shake things up”.
According to the Dirty Sheets, Mr. McMahon is appearing on tonight’s RAW to mainly take care of two things:
1. Top Feuds In The Women’s Division: Vince is expected to make some trades between RAW & SmackDown and that’s because he wants the following 3 matches to take place:
– Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair (Rematch)
– Becky Lynch vs. Nia Jax
– Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch
2. Name A Permanent General Manager Of RAW: With Baron Corbin no longer being the General Manager of RAW, Mr. McMahon is expected to name WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle as the permanent General Manager of RAW once again.
Alexa Bliss was previously expected to take over RAW completely (not just the RAW Women’s Division), but those plans were dropped once she was cleared to return to in-ring action.
WWE officials had discussions with WWE Hall of Famer Edge regarding taking up the role of the RAW General Manager, but both parties decided to drop the idea because Edge can’t be involved in physical angles at all and this limits storyline opportunities with him (like Brock Lesnar F5ed General Manager Kurt Angle on RAW earlier this year – you can’t do that with Edge).
WATCH: Liv Morgan Slaps Her Own Butt: