• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (June 20, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mean Gene interviews Yokozuna & Mr. Fuji
– All American Exclusive: Owen Hart vs. Bastion Booger (Sydney 5/25/93)
– Adam Bomb vs. Jerry Seavey (Superstars 6/19/93)
– Mr. Perfect vs. PJ Walker (Challenge 6/20/93)
– Doink The Clown vs. Bob Backlund (Challenge 6/20/93)
– El Matador vs. Burt Centeno (Challenge 6/20/93)
– Mr. Hughes/Undertaker incident (Superstars 6/12/93)
– The Headshrinkers vs. Ralph Mosca & Scott Despres (Challenge 6/20/93)
• WCW Veteran Recalls Him & JBL Terrorizing People Backstage, If JBL Is A Bully
In this flashback article, we take a look at an old shoot interview with WCW Veteran PN News, where he talked about former WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL).
Below are the highlights:
Host: Memories of teaming up with John Bradshaw?
PN News: I loved working with John. He’s another stiff bastard. So I really enjoyed that. We were Tag Team Champions over there for the CWA. We had a blast and we just terrorized people when they came into the territory.
Host: Was he a bully?
PN News: Bully, I don’t know. I’ve heard the stories later but I don’t think we were bullying. We were just having fun. You know what I mean? Over there everybody was ribbing on with everybody and if you can’t take a rib in this business, you don’t belong in the business. It’s not bullying, it’s ribbing.
Would some people consider them a bully? Yeah, maybe they would. But I think that’s kind of silly because we can all be bullies in this business and it’s a rib. You got to enjoy yourself somehow and sometimes because of the nature of our business…ribs can get sarcastic and it can seem a little bit odd or racist but it’s not.
It’s just you’re just having a good time and you’re trying to entertain yourself the best way you can.