• Will CM Punk Be A Part-Timer In AEW?
During the post-Rampage media scrum, CM Punk revealed that he was in talks with AEW President Tony Khan for about 18 months, before signing a contract.
Punk didn’t give much details about his AEW contract, but said it’s not a part-time deal.
As we noted earlier, Punk signed a multi-year contract with AEW and is expected to wrestle 10-12 times a year.
While Punk won’t be wrestling every week, you can expect him to show up on TV every week, just like Sting.
Punk went on to note that he hasn’t been doing dedicated in-ring training, but is keeping himself fit. He considers pro-wrestling like riding a bike and he wants it to be authentic.
Punk will face Darby Allin at AEW All Out 2021 on September 5th.
WATCH: Charlotte Flair Accidentally Exposed By Lana:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 21, 1993) – WWF Superstars
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Utica War Memorial in Utica, New York and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1993’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Marty Jannetty vs. Barry Horowitz
2. The Quebecers vs. Dan Dubiel & Scott Despres
3. Adam Bomb vs. Mike Moraldo
4. Mr. Hughes vs. Mike Bucci
5. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Bobby Who
6. Men on a Mission vs. Iron Mike Sharpe & Jeff Libolt
7. Razor Ramon vs. Damien Demento