• WWE Board Of Directors Member Resigns
Connor Schell has resigned from his position on the WWE Board of Directors.
The following reason was given regarding his resignation in the SEC filing:
“On July 6, 2022, Connor Schell resigned from the Board of Directors (the ‘Board’) of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the ‘Company’), effective immediately.
Mr. Schell resigned from the Board due to an increased slate of responsibilities resulting from his new, expanded role at the newly formed The North Road Company, a global, multi-genre content studio.
Mr. Schell’s decision to resign from the Board was not due to any dispute or disagreement with the Company, its management or the Board on any matter relating to the Company’s operations, policies or practices.”
On June 1, 2021, Connor was elected to the WWE Board of Directors along with Nick Khan and Steve Koonin.
The WWE Board of Directors are currently investigating the Vince McMahon $3 million hush money settlement.
WATCH: Paige Shows Off Her Implants (Part 2):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 7, 1991) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Convention Center in Fresno, California and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Mr. Perfect vs. Larry Williams
– Randy Savage/Elizabeth Highlights – Savage asks Elizabeth to marry him
– Ricky Steamboat vs. Ed Moretti
– The Natural Disasters vs. Matthew Burns & Scott Carlson
– Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. The Intruder
– IRS vs. Larry Ludden
– Ted DiBiase vs. Billy Gatlin
– The Big Boss Man vs. The Black Knight