• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 20, 1990) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Bushwhackers vs. Mark Mead & The Brooklyn Brawler
– The Barbarian vs. Ray Majori
– Tugboat vs. Bob Bradley
– Akeem vs. Scrub
– The Big Boss Man Interview
– The Orient Express vs. Bobby Perez & Jim Brunzell
– Vacant Intercontinental Title Match: Tito Santana vs. Mr. Perfect
• WWE Has Banned Another Word From Being Used On TV
It looks like WWE doesn’t want a very common word to be said on their programming.
While talking to Ring The Belle, former WWE NXT wrestler Taynara Conti revealed that the company instructed her not to use the word “crazy” on TV.
Below is what Taynara said:
“I always tried to put that in my matches, like I need to find a moment to do it. One day, I had a match on TV. Someone from WWE told me, ‘Hey, Tay, we cannot say ‘crazy’ on TV anymore.’ I was like, ‘Oh no, that’s kind of my thing now.’ They were like, ‘Yeah, sorry, don’t say it’.”
The reason behind the word being banned is unknown.
Speaking of “crazy” being banned, WWE recently unbanned another word (tap here to read more about it).
WATCH: Former WWE NXT Wrestler Taynara Conti’s Hot Butt During Workout: