• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 30, 1986) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1986, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to ‘WWF The Big Event’.
The card can be found right here:
1. Bob Orton vs. Pedro Morales (3/86)
2. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff vs. Cpl Kirchner & Dan Spivey (2/86)
3. Int – Iron Sheik
4. TNT with Gene Okerlund and Lord Alfred Hayes
5. George Wells vs. Hercules Hernandez (3/86)
6. Bret Hart vs. Jim Brunzell (12/85)
7. Int – Adorable Adrian Adonis
8. King Kong Bundy vs. Hillbilly Jim (3/86)
9. “Superfly” Sivi Afi vs. Ron Shaw
10. Big John Studd vs. Paul Orndorff (1/86)
• WWE Officials Think AEW Will Implode Under Their Own Hype
Both events were enjoyed by the fans, but Fyter Fest didn’t have as much interest as Double Or Nothing had.
According to Tom Colohue, WWE officials aren’t feeling any pressure due to AEW and they feel that AEW will implode under their own hype:
“‘The feeling is that AEW will implode under the weight of their own hype. Nobody here is feeling any pressure’ – WWE source.”
You can watch highlights from AEW Fyter Fest’s main event (Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela – Non-Sanctioned match) below: