• WWE Officials Think Tony Khan Needs To Be Warned About Shane McMahon
As reported earlier, Shane McMahon has been “let go” from the WWE by Vince McMahon after what happened at Royal Rumble 2022.
PWInsider reported the following about what happened on the day of the Rumble:
– Shane McMahon was pushing to work with 24-year-old Austin Theory at WrestleMania 38, with the feud stemming from the on-screen relationship between Austin and Vince McMahon, as Vince is very high on Theory.
However, other WWE Officials were pushing for Shane McMahon vs. Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 38. A sequence to kick off this feud was planned for the Men’s Royal Rumble match, but Rollins wasn’t added to the match due to so many changes being made.
– Shane was frustrated on the day of the Royal Rumble, as Vince McMahon shot his ideas down. Backstage talk was that he was upset because “he wasn’t being allowed to do what he wanted” and was “greatly preoccupied” by his own role in the 30-man match.
– Shane got heat backstage for the poor reception of the Men’s Royal Rumble, as he was one of the Producers for this match.
– WWE writers were then told that plans have changed and Shane won’t be a part of WrestleMania 38. The original plan was for him to be a heel during his WrestleMania feud.
Andrew Zarian then added that some part of the heat on Shane has to do with Bad Bunny’s Royal Rumble creative:
“There were numerous changes to what number Bad Bunny would be. This was a cause for concern and people within WWE were upset. WWE doesn’t want to come off negatively with such a major outside star.”
“Vince had no choice. Shane created chaos, had everyone in an uproar, pissed off everyone in the Rumble, openly buried other producers, and was changing things that Vince wanted. Vince had no other choice but to send him home.”
In an update to this, PWTorch is reporting that WWE Officials want to warn AEW President Tony Khan regarding signing Shane O’Mac:
“People in WWE are letting me know that someone should warn Tony Khan what he’s in for if he brings Shane in, because the sense of entitlement, and I don’t know if ego is the right word, that Shane would bring along with him in a company that isn’t WWE would probably be amplified compared to how he was acting on Saturday, which was just basically out of control.”
WATCH: NJPW Valet Pieter Tokyo Latina Flaunts Her Assets:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 6, 1993) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania IX’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Nasty Boys vs. Dave Silguero & Robert Taylor
2. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Rudi Flores
3. Doink the Clown vs. Reno Riggins
4. Yokozuna vs. Jim Duggan
5. The Beverly Brothers vs. Pete Christie & Bob Eas