• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 21, 1986) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1986, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to ‘WWF The Big Event’.
The card can be found right here:
1. “Cowboy” Bob Orton vs. Jobber
2. “Iron” Mike Sharpe vs. Andre Malo
3. Tony Atlas & “Leaping” Lanny Poffo vs. Johnny K-9 & Joe Mirto
4. Randy “Macho Man” Savage & Elizabeth interview
5. Paul Roma vs. Jerry Adams
6. Bruno Sammartino vs. Nikolai Volkoff (WWF Classic)
7. Japanese Devils (Bull Nakano & Dump Matsumoto) vs. Candice Pardue & Susan Starr
8. King Tonga & Ted Arcidi vs. Don Koloff & “Silent” Brian Mackney
9. Tag Champs Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. British Bulldogs (WM2)
10. Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake & “Luscious” Johnny Valiant interview
• WWE Planning To Use Some Released Wrestlers On TV
WWE released over 45 wrestlers last week to make budget cuts due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
Released main roster wrestlers were given a 90-day no-compete clause, which means that they’ll be paid for the next 3 months and won’t be able to wrestle in another promotion.
Dave Meltzer noted on the Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE will book some of those wrestlers on TV over the next 3 months.
“So, the deal is some of this talent and Drake Maverick is another one. Since they’re being paid for 90 days some of them will continue to be booked.”
Maverick is already competing in the tournament on NXT to crown an Interim Cruiserweight Champion, while Sarah Logan is rumored to return soon.
WATCH: WWE Wrestler Drake Maverick’s Wife, Renee Michelle, Shows Her Bare Butt: