• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 22, 1999) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the UTC Arena in Chattanooga, Tennessee and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania XV’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Public Enemy vs. The Brood (Edge & Gangrel)
2. WWF Intercontinental Title – No.1 Contenders Match: Billy Gunn vs. Ken Shamrock
3. Handicap Match: Jeff Jarrett & Owen Hart vs. D-Lo Brown
4. WWF World Heavyweight Title: Paul Wight vs. The Rock
5. Steve Blackman vs. Droz
6. Goldust vs. Val Venis
7. WWF Hardcore Title: Bob Holly vs. Bart Gunn
8. WWF European Title – No.1 Contenders Match: X-Pac vs. Chyna
9. Inferno Match: The Undertaker vs. Kane
• WWE Superstars Given More Freedom On RAW Because Of Paul Heyman
During a recent appearance on the Steve Austin Show podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed that WWE Superstar are being given more freedom in their promos with RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman being in-charge now.
Below is what Lawler said:
“Now that Paul Heyman is sort of in charge of RAW, it’s so much not the characters that are being predetermined by the writers or creative. They’re giving the guys a chance to be themselves just like [Austin was] back when [Austin] became ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin.
Nobody was telling you, ‘oh, this is how it [has] got to be.’ [Austin was himself] and he was given that opportunity and he took it.”
WATCH: Amazing Video Of Charlotte Flair’s Juggs: