• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (October 16, 1989) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. Big Boss Man vs. Jobbers
2. Ron Garvin vs. Jobber
3. The Genius vs. Tim Horner
4. Haku vs. Jobber
5. Honky Tonk Man vs. Hercules
6. Brother Love Show w/Randy Savage & Sherri
7. Rockers vs. Tom Stone & Al Burke
8. Tag Champs Brain Busters vs. Butch Mayo & John Weiss
9. Short Mr. Perfect Video
10. Rick Martel vs. Bret Hart
• WWF Legend Comments On The Rock Possibly Running For President
During a recent appearance on Larry King Now, Old School WWF Legend Chris Jericho was asked if “The People’s Champion” The Rock could pull off being the President of USA.
Below is what Jericho said:
“Absolutely. We live in a world now, I call it ‘The era of the celebrity President’. Started with Obama a little bit, and now with Trump. No previous experience, knows how to work a camera, knows how to be charismatic.
That’s what you need to be the President now. We’ve already established that. You don’t have to be a Governor. You don’t even have to be a Senator.”
• The Rock Reacts To SmackDown 1000
While The Rock wasn’t able to appear on SmackDown 1000, he did tweet out a cool short story regarding SmackDown:
Huge #SD1000 congrats to my @WWE family!
Fun fact, in 1998, I said to @VinceMcMahon “I’m gonna use the word ‘Smackdown’ tonight in my promo”. He said what’s that mean? I said it means I’m gonna whup some ass. He belly laughed and said say it!
The rest was history! #IfYaSmell ? https://t.co/IVXI0WkkGl
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) October 16, 2018