• WWF Legend Says Vince McMahon Made Him Memorize A 3-Page Script In 10 Minutes
On a recent edition of his weekly ‘The Kurt Angle Show’ podcast, our Olympic Hero recalled an incident where Vince McMahon gave him a 3-page script to memorize 10 minutes before he had to go out.
Here’s what the 2017 WWE Hall Of Famer said:
“I loved challenges. Anytime that Vince, you know one time Vince gave me a promo, and it was three pages typed. And he gave it to me, Brian Gewirtz gave it to me 10 minutes before I went out there, and I remembered all of it.
I don’t know how, but I accepted the challenge, and I told them, ‘I’ll get it done, don’t worry.’ And I did it. I did it; I don’t know how. You figure out a way in pro wrestling.”
Despite some fans thinking that all (or at least all the bigger) pro wrestling promotions are scripting matches for their wrestlers, that’s just not true at all and especially on the indy scene, most promoters only decide who wins and how (pinfall/submission, DQ or count-out).
WATCH: Emma (Tenille Dashwood) In A Pool:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (September 8, 2006) – WWE Friday Night SmackDown!
On this day in 2006, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Friday Night SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Columbus Civic Center in Columbus, Georgia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE No Mercy 2006’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
– Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio
– Ken Kennedy vs. Lawrence Tyler
– Brian Kenderick, Paul London, & Ashley Massaro vs. Michelle McCool, KC James & Aaron Stevens
– Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal
– Mike Mizanin vs. Matt Hardy
– King Booker vs. Batista