• “I think Hulk Hogan is a piece of sh*t” – Top AEW Wrestler
During a recent interview with Rasslin’ with Brandon Walker, current AEW wrestler CM Punk talked about the biggest stars ever in Pro-Wrestling history: Hulk Hogan and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.
Here’s what Punk said:
“It’s like the kids say, there’s levels to this, and you don’t know until you ascend to those levels.
And one of the things I’ve always hated about the wrestling business is, there’s exceptions to the rule, some people are good about it, but there’s always been people who have gotten to a certain level, and they’re almost taught and the culture is fostered for them to believe that they need to make sure nobody else gets to that level.
They don’t want anybody to ‘steal their spot’. Somebody like Steve Austin, who’s arguably biggest star the business has ever seen. A lot of this is subjective, though.
You can make the argument, ‘Oh, no, well, Hulk Hogan is a bigger star than Steve Austin,’ but then you look at business periods, and eras, and box office receipts and all that other stuff. I think Hogan’s a piece of sh*t, so obviously, I’m gonna be like Steve Austin.”
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (September 22, 1990) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Hersheypark Arena in Hershey, Pennsylvania and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1990’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Demolition vs. Ross Lindsey & Todd Cumberledge & Mike Morgan
2. Akeem vs. Sonny Blaze
3. Nikolai Volkoff vs. “Iron” Mike Sharpe
4. Marty Jannetty vs. Black Bart
5. Kerry Von Erich vs. Barry O
6. Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine vs. Duane Gill & Barry Hardy