• Jim Cornette Bashes AEW For Booking Nick Gage On Their Show
As we reported, Tony Khan’s All Elite Wrestling booked Hardcore Wrestling veteran Nick Gage on their show, whom most people had never heard of before the recent season 3 episode of Vice’s Dark Side of the Ring, that featured his career in and out of the ring.
AEW basically cashed-in on the newly found internet-popularity of Gage, but one man does not agree with their decision, which is legendary Old School WWF manager James E. Cornette!
Here’s what Cornette tweeted:
“To once and for all put an end to criminals and felons jumping into their ring on live TV, @AEW has arrived at a solution: BOOK a criminal and convicted felon to actually come to the ring and attempt to have a match! Genius!”
As mentioned in the Dark Side of the Ring episode, Nick Gage once went to prison for robbing a bank, which is what Cornette is referring to.
Gage will face Chris Jericho in a No DQ match on next week’s AEW Fight For The Fallen special episode of Dynamite.
WATCH: Torrie Wilson Reveals Her Buns In A Bikini (Part 3):
• ON THIS DAY IN WRESTLING HISTORY (July 23, 1994) – Smoky Mountain Wrestling
On this day in 1994, Jim Cornette’s Smoky Mountain Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show.
The card can be found here:
1. Jim Cornette & Bruiser Bedlam “go on strike”
2. Chris Candido vs. Scott Studd (Candido wins the vacant SMW TV Title)
3. The Gangstas vs. Anthony Michaels & Chris Hamrick
4. Interview New Jack
5. Thrillseekers vs. Brian Logan & Steve Skyfire