• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (December 14, 1987) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1988’ event.
The card can be found right here:
– Jake Roberts vs. Danny Davis
– The Glamour Girls vs. The Jumping Bomb Angels (WWF Women’s Tag Team Title Match)
– Interview w/ Greg Valentine And Jimmy Hart
– Interview w/ Jack Tunney
– Interview w/ Hulk Hogan
– Demolition vs. Jim Evans/Brady Boone
– Interview w/ The Junkyard Dog & Koko B. Ware
– The Killer Bees vs. The Bolsheviks (Joined In Progress)
– Ivan Putski vs. Greg Valentine
– A Highlight Video On Billy Graham
– Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Killer Khan
• Jim Neidhart On Who Were The Toughest Wrestlers Of His Time, Recalls Haku Pulling Out A Guy’s Teeth
In this flashback article, we take a look at an old shoot interview with late Old School WWF Veteran Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, where Jim talked about the toughest wrestlers of his time.
Below are the highlights:
Host: We’re talking about Bad News Brown being tough and Haku. Who do you think was the toughest wrestler at that time?
Jim: Well, Andre was definitely the Giant. It’s not much you could do. But like Haku and Barbarian, Dino Bravo and Bad News Brown… all had mutual respect for each other. They wouldn’t have time to fight amongst each other. It wasn’t like that.
Host: There’s a story about Haku. He bit somebody’s ear off or something in a fight? Do you hear that story?
Jim: I do more than that. We’re at some club in Baltimore and somebody mouth off, did something to him and he went to one of those. He went to grab this guy. He knows many different styles of martial arts. He went to grab this guy, his teeth or something.
The guy ducked and he cut this palm tree in half with his hand and came back and then grabbed this guy, his teeth and pulled his upper teeth out. And it was just fun for them. And I think he had to pay a little bit of a fine there.