• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 8, 1984) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1984, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania event.
You can find the card below:
1. Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs. Johnny Rodz & Charlie Fulton
2. Update – Ivan Putski
3. Tony Atlas vs. Gino Carabello
4. Int – Ken Patera
5. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff vs. Jose Luis Rivera & Jim Powers
6. Int – Bobby Heenan & Big John Studd
7. Big John Studd vs. Demetrios Niarchos
8. Pipers Pit: Capt. Lou Albano
9. Tito Santana vs. Terry Mantum
10. Jimmy Snuka & Tonga Kid vs. R.T. Reynolds & Terry Gibbs
11. Int – Roddy Piper
12. Vince McMahon & Bruno Sammartino close the show
• Kane On The Backstory Of Putting Undertaker’s Casket On Fire At Royal Rumble 1998
During a recent interview on Pardon My Take, WWF Legend Kane talked about putting The Undertaker’s casket on fire at Royal Rumble 1998.
Below is what Kane said:
“There were a lot of smoke and mirrors. The thing was that they used lighter fluid. That was the actual accelerant, but they didn’t tell me how much they had used.
It ended up being a lot more and more spectacular flame than I thought it was going to. Evidently the arena still remembers that. It was pretty controlled, we had safety measures in place.”
WATCH: Busty Stephanie McMahon Forcefully Kissed: