• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (January 2, 1993) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
It was taped at the Center Stage Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl III’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
Special Announcement: Big Van Vader beat Ron Simmons for the WCW World Title!
Cactus Jack & Barbarian vs. Tom Zenk & Johnny Gunn
Erik Watts vs. Mustafa Saed
INT- Cactus Jack & Tony Atlas
Dustin Rhodes vs. Vinnie Vegas
INT- Brian Pillman, Barry Windham & Steve Austin
Brian Pillman & Steve Austin vs. Larry Santo & Rick Nelson
Tony Atlas vs. Van Hammer
INT- Arn Anderson & Jesse Ventura
Barry Windham vs. Johnny B. Badd
INT- Shane Douglas & Ricky Steamboat
Ricky Steamboat vs. Danny Spivey
INT- Barry Windham
• More Details Regarding Vince McMahon & WWE Being Sued Over XFL
As we noted a few days back, a WWE shareholder (a Oklahoma firefighters pension fund) filed a lawsuit against WWE and Vince McMahon over the XFL.
Bloomberg Law reported the following regarding this lawsuit:
“The lawsuit, filed Dec. 26 in Delaware Chancery Court by an Oklahoma firefighters pension fund, claims there is ‘a credible basis to believe’ that McMahon and other WWE senior officers breached their duties to investors by diverting valuable resources to the XFL.
The suit also suggests that the company’s board members may have failed to conduct appropriate oversight to ensure McMahon didn’t engage in transactions that conflict with WWE’s interests.”
Forbes has now revealed the following complaints listed in this lawsuit:
– Did Alpha Entertainment, the XFL’s parent company, which is wholly owned by Vince McMahon, pay fair market value to WWE for the intellectual property of the original XFL, which included giving WWE a percentage of the company?
– Is Alpha paying WWE fair market value for the support services that WWE is providing as part of that deal?
– Was the XFL revival announced before the deal was completed?
– In general, did McMahon and WWE, including WWE’s lawyers, act in a way that was not in WWE’s best interests?
– AAF’s potential role with the XFL?
WATCH: Hot Video Of Ronda Rousey In A Bikini: