• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 23, 1984) – WWF MSG House Show [HULK HOGAN WINS THE WWF TITLE!!!!]
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 23, 1984, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
“The Incredible” Hulk Hogan won his very first WWF World Heavyweight Championship that night, when he defeated WWF Champion The Iron Sheik in the most famous arena on the planet.
Not only did HULKAMANIA take over the World Wrestling Federation that day, it also marked the beginning of Vince McMahon’s promotion becoming a national (and years later also international) sensation, as opposed to the regional territory thing it had been up to that point.
Regardless if you like the Hulkster or not, literally ALL Pro Wrestling historians, journalists, experts & dirt sheet writers agree, that Hogan put Professional Wrestling on the map that day. There is nothing left to be added. Period.
Below are the results from that night:
– Tony Garea pinned Jose Luis Rivera
– The Invaders wrestled Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee to a 20-minute time-limit draw
– The Masked Superstar pinned Chief Jay Strongbow
– Sgt. Slaughter defeated Ivan Putski via count-out
– Paul Orndorff pinned Salvatore Bellomo
– WWF IC Championship: Don Muraco (c) wrestled Tito Santana to a double DQ
– 2 out of 3 falls: The Haiti Kid & Tiger Jackson defeated Dana Carpenter & Pancho Boy
– Jimmy Snuka pinned Rene Goulet
– Andre the Giant, Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas defeated Afa, Sika & Samula
– WWF World Championship: Hulk Hogan (sub. for Bob Backlund) pinned The Iron Sheik (c) to win the Title
• RAW Wrestler Makes A Joke About Sasha Banks’ Wardrobe Malfunction
During the main event of this week’s RAW, the team of RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey & Natalya lost to the team of Sasha Banks & Bayley after Sasha made Natalya tap out.
As we noted on Monday night, “The Boss” Sasha Banks suffered a major wardrobe malfunction during this match as her tights got pulled down.
WWE blacked out the TV feed when this happened.
We have some extra footage from this incident now and you can watch it below:
RAW wrestler Scott Dawson (of The Revival) went on to make the following joke about this incident on Twitter:
Guys, my trunks fell down and exposed my butt two weeks ago on Raw and no one said ANYTHING!
— Scott Dawson (@ScottDawsonWWE) January 22, 2019
We’re sure Batista is having a blast right now! (tap here if you didn’t get it)
This isn’t the first time Sasha Banks has suffered a wardrobe malfunction on RAW. She suffered one last year on RAW as well and you can check it out by tapping here.