• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 24, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was pre-taped at the Sports Arena in San Diego, California and included matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. Brutus Beefcake vs. Dino Bravo
2. Ricky Steamboat vs. “Iron” Mike Sharpe
3. Harley Race vs. Jerry Monti
4. Tito Santana & Hillbilly Jim & Billy Jack Haynes vs. Terry Gibbs & Dave Barbie & Carl Schmidt
5. Sika Anoia & Kamala vs. Lanny Poffo & Rick Hunter
6. Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Steve Lombardi
• The Undertaker Was Supposed To Face Current Champion At WrestleMania 26
While speaking to BT Sport, WWE Champion Drew McIntyre revealed that he was originally set to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 26.
Below is what McIntyre said:
“When I was 24 I was told by Vince McMahon, ‘you don’t listen to anybody but The Undertaker, he’s going to be your mentor and whenever you’ve got a question you go straight to him’. And the inevitable goal was to have a big match between him and I.
Unfortunately I wasn’t ready at the time, things worked out the way they worked out, and I believe it led to, instead of myself and Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Undertaker, the retirement match. It was obviously a phenomenal match and I could not have delivered on that level at the time.”
? Exclusive ?@DMcIntyreWWE reveals that he was originally scheduled to face Undertaker at WrestleMania 26 ?
“Vince McMahon told me at 24 you don’t listen to anyone but Undertaker, he’s your mentor.”
— WWE on BT Sport (@btsportwwe) May 24, 2020
The Undertaker ended up facing Shawn Michaels in a “Streak vs. Career” match at the event instead, back in 2010.