• “They’ve already ruined wrestling by making it so fake” – WWF Legend On Wrestlers Overusing The Leg Slap
Old School WWF Legend ‘The Hitman’ Bret Hart recently appeared on a virtual meet-and-greet for The Asylum Wrestling Store, where he revealed his opinion on the current ‘Leg Slapping’ debate in the professional wrestling business, after the WWE had recently banned it a few weeks ago.
Shawn Michaels also recently shared his thoughts on this topic (tap here to read).
Here’s The Hitman’s take on the entire issue:
“I heard a few days ago that they outlawed or banned or nobody’s allowed to do the slap stuff anymore, and I’m like totally, they should’ve stopped that 10 years ago.
It’s slap, slap, slap, slap, and my brother Owen was one of the guys that started a lot of that. He brought it to, he was one of the best at slapping his leg on spin kicks and stuff.
But come on, enough is enough, in every match. You see guys do stuff and you’re going, ‘That wouldn’t even make a slap sound.’ When you punch somebody in the jaw, it’s not a slap sound. You know, it’s a different kind of sound and you’re making a slap sound for everything.
Every single move you do is a slap sound, slap, slap and I totally agree. I’m glad they put their foot down on that but they’re like 10 years late. They’ve already kind of in a lot of ways, sadly, ruined wrestling by making it so fake.”
WATCH: Alexa Bliss’ Booty Shake:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (March 28, 1992) – WCW Power Hour
On this day in 1992, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Power Hour’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW WrestleWar 1992’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Dustin Rhodes & Barry Windham vs. George South & Mark Canterbury
– Vader/Sting brawl
– P.N. News vs. Greg Sawyer
– U.S. Tag Champs Terry Taylor & Greg Valentine vs. Tom Zenk & Marcus Bagwell (Non-Title)
– JT Southern vs. Chris Sullivan (JIP, Southern’s Debut)
– JT Southern Interview
– U.S. Champ Rick Rude vs. Big Josh