• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 6, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the National Car Rental Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Fully Loaded 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho
2. The Dudley Boyz vs. D’Lo Brown & Chaz
3. Jacqueline & Ivory vs. Dean Malenko
4. WWF Intercontinental Title: Val Venis vs. Rikishi
5. Steve Blackman vs. Big Boss Man
6. The Undertaker & Kane vs. T & A
7. Elimination Match: Triple H vs. Kaientai & The Brooklyn Brawler
8. Chyna, Eddie Guerrero & The Rock vs. Edge, Christian & Chris Benoit
• WWE Planning A Dangerous Match For The Horror Show At Extreme Rules
As we noted last night, WWE once again made a change to the name of their Extreme Rules PPV, and it is now being called “The Horror Show at WWE Extreme Rules”.
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE is planning to do Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio in an “Eye For Eye” match at the PPV, a match where there are no pinfalls, no submissions, no count-outs, no disqualifications, and the only way to win is to be the first man to injure your opponent’s eye.
“Meltzer also is reporting there was a plan to make a Mysterio vs. Rollins ‘eye for an eye’ match for July 19th’s Extreme Rules where the only way to win would be to take out your opponent’s eye. As of now, that match has yet to be announced.”
Below is the current match-card for Extreme Rules:
– WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
– Wyatt Swamp Fight: Universal Champion Braun Strowman vs. Bray Wyatt
– RAW Women’s Championship Match: Asuka (c) vs. WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Sasha Banks
– SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross
Also Read: Rey Mysterio No Longer Under WWE Contract
WATCH: Lana Spanks Carmella In A Bikini: